cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what should I do about a ca soft pull?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what should I do about a ca soft pull?

Lori344 wrote:

Would you suggest that I mention the hard inq when I DV them or just DV based on the letter?

No mention of the INQ. Just simple DV. Also make no mention of cease and desist, at all.

Message 31 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

onmyway3161 wrote:
At this point I feel like I am just waiting to see what they will pull next. They have already hurt me with the new delinquency and two hard pulls.

If the calls they are making, and I presume messages they are leaving on your answering machine, are getting to you, consider recording your calls. Give the AG's office a call to verify you aren't required to notify.

Do you have Caller ID? If so, note the numbers showing up on Caller ID when they call. Take a picture of the Caller ID unit showing their number. If they used their correct phone number, rather than a spoofed number, that's pretty solid proof they are in violation of FDCPA. If you don't have Caller ID, you might consider it.

Record your answering machine messages from them to audio tape. If you're really techno-geeky, use your computer's mic to pickup the audio and burn a CD with the answering machine message. Read a short intro into the mic, then play the message from the answering machine.

"My name is <state your name>. My home telephone number is <state your number>. My address is <state your complete street address, city, state, zip>. The current date and time are <fill in the current date and time>. On July 12, 2007, I received a phone call at home and a message on my answering machine. My Caller ID unit shows the call came from <state the name and number showing on Caller ID unit>. I will now play the answering machine message I received."

Then play the answering machine message.

Message 32 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah, thank you for all your help. I'm off to write my DV.

Keep us updated onmyway3161, best of luck to you.

Message Edited by Lori344 on 07-12-2007 06:16 PM
Message 33 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just checked my TC report and the two hard pulls on my TU from the CA are gone! I had called TU today and ask if this CA could do two hard pulls on my CR (if this is legal)  I wonder if this had something to do with it?
Message 34 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

onmyway3161 wrote:
I just checked my TC report and the two hard pulls on my TU from the CA are gone! I had called TU today and ask if this CA could do two hard pulls on my CR (if this is legal)  I wonder if this had something to do with it?

Could be. Keep an eye on it every couple of days for a few weeks. Then drop back and check once a week for 2 months. After that, update monthly.

If you are already updating on TC more frequently, stick with that.

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.