cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what should I do about a ca soft pull?

tag
ktl55
Regular Contributor

Re: what should I do about a ca soft pull?

I'm thinking really, really hard. can't come up with anything that could be out there not paid. I didn't have much bad debt to begin with. as I stated before I never had any cc until 2005 and it's still open and never late. Jefferson Capital pulled my cr about 2 months and nothing has ever shown up. it really sucks to be on pins and needles like this.
Message 11 of 35
Boswd
Valued Contributor

If you are 100% sure there is nothing lingering than I would give them a call, just to find out.   
Message 12 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a question about CA doing pulls on your credit report. I had a CA that I sent a DV letter to over a couple of weeks ago. They did two hard pulls on my TU yesterday. Are they allowed to do this. I didn't think someone could pull your credit without your permission.

Message Edited by onmyway3161 on 07-12-2007 01:01 PM
Message 13 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

onmyway3161 wrote:
I have a question about CA doing pulls on your credit report. I had a CA that I sent a DV letter to over a couple of weeks ago. They did two hard pulls on my TU yesterday. Are they allowed to do this. I didn't think someone could pull your credit without your permission.

Message Edited by onmyway3161 on 07-12-2007 01:01 PM

Read Noah first response above
Message 14 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a very interesting and informative thread.

I know you're not happy about the situation, but thank you for starting it, anyway.

Message 15 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

onmyway3161 wrote:

When did they sign for or stamp the RRR green card?
Have they validated?

Message 16 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Noah_Bodie wrote:
I guess I should also add that if you're in doubt, and there might be something out there lingering (even if it's really old), it could be the preclude to a COLL on one's CRs.

Because they did a soft pull, it's possible they know they are on shaky ground, and they just wanna know if you're currently applying for a home loan so they can squirrel with you. If you seemed to be in the middle of buying a home, and the debt were really old or not yours, then they would have some leverage to try and get a few bucks outta you.

There's nothing in the TOS about posting unethical behavior of CAs.

In regards to this Noah. I had a CA (truelogic/debt owned by LVNV) do a hard pull on my TU report 2/07/07. After a little digging I found an old collection letter they had sent me on a account from MCI. I don't think I've ever had an account with them. If I did it is past the SOL for the state I lived in then (CA), and the state I live in now (WA). I assume this (past SOL) because they are using my maiden name and I was married in '03
I was inclinded to ignore them until receiving another letter from Resurgent capital Services (still owned by LVNV). This letter was forward from my old address in CA and is dated back more than 30 days.
I'm a little at a loss as what to do. I can't DV them because of the 30 day thing, but I worry they could come and get me, or report to the CRA's

What should I do? After hearing all the horror stories about LVNV, I really don't want to go through that business.
Message 17 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

When did they sign for or stamp the RRR green card?
Have they validated?

Noah
They signed about a week and a half ago. I received the green card back but they haven't validated. Now they are just harrassing me. I had put in another post that they did two hard pulls on TU yesterday and that they reported the account as new. Now it looks like I have a new delinquency on my report. And as of yesterday they started calling me. I haven't talked to them. It seems to me that they can't validate or they would have already done so.

Message 18 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lori344 wrote:

I had a CA (truelogic/debt owned by LVNV) do a hard pull on my TU report 2/07/07.
I was inclinded to ignore them until receiving another letter from Resurgent capital Services (still owned by LVNV).

I would DV them anyway. Even if it's beyond the 30 day limit, some judges will ask the alledged debtor (AD), "Did you ever challenge the validity of the debt?" IOW, did you DV?

If yes, then even if you DVed beyond the 30 days, some judges will then turn to the CA and demand that they show proof of the debt. Something showing the ADs signature and somehow showing it's within SOL.

I'm saying this not because court is your only solution. I'm saying this because the CAs know some judges will demand this info, and if they can't cough it up then they are toast if the AD countersued or initiates a suit for a FDCPA violation.

Are they currently reporting on your CRs? Or just the hard INQ?

Message 19 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message Edited by onmyway3161 on 07-12-2007 04:47 PM
Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.