Did you mean: 

what should I do with this CA?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

what should I do with this CA?

This is what is on my CR:

Midland Status as of July 2007
Date of last activity  Mar, 2002 Largest past balance $823 Credit Type Open Account Account holder Individual Scheduled payment amount

$0

Balance: $1121.00
120 days past due

this is for Orchard Bank. I became delinquent around 08/2002.
Orchard bank is listing as chargeoff.

Should I DV or PFD? I would like to pay....
Midland is listing on my CR as "cannot locate individual" and is sending letters to my parents house in another city.

I hear they are horrible.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what should I do with this CA?

AND- the OC is showing as date opened as 08/2001 - but I didn't even get the CC until 2002. any suggestions? I think 6 years is the SOL...
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

overwhelmed wrote:
This is what is on my CR:

Midland Status as of July 2007
Date of last activity  Mar, 2002 Largest past balance $823 Credit Type Open Account Account holder Individual Scheduled payment amount

$0

Balance: $1121.00
120 days past due

this is for Orchard Bank. I became delinquent around 08/2002.
Orchard bank is listing as chargeoff.

Should I DV or PFD? I would like to pay....
Midland is listing on my CR as "cannot locate individual" and is sending letters to my parents house in another city.

I hear they are horrible.

First...have your parents return the bills unknow person! If they call your parents  have them say the same thing...don't know this person & do NOT call again!
Do you know your SOL?  I ask this because when dealing with a CA...they do not think twice about suing.
It is always easier sending PFD if SOL is past. They have more reason to accept it. If drop off date is not on your CR...call CRA and ask when it is or DOFD,DOLA. This will put you in the ballpark of SOL.
If you pay without  PFD in writting they  can it show on your report as paid colliction. which is a little better but not much.

OK  DOLA is 3/02  SOL is until approx. 3/08     read PM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-21-2007 12:59 PM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The DOFD ocurred at the end of 2002. For Nevada, the SOL is 6 years, so I haven't reached that yet. Do you think they will sue if I PFD?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.