Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what to do?

tag
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

what to do?

Couple years ago didn't have that great of idea as far as credit is conserned.  Now that I am getting older I know that I need good credit. I have Sallie mae that wasn't in the best of standing.  For the last 6mths it has been curren.  I have on Derog that i need to take care of for 1600.  I have a CO from 4 years ogo.  Some lates from a car from years ago.  Other then that I pay everything on time I just paid all my CC off.  They have less then 10% util.  I just can't seem to get my scores up.  I do have a lot ( I mean alot) of inq's. I know I need to pay of off that derog but I don't have a cc with that high of a limit.  I can't get one either.  I have a
                                                Juniper Osh kosh
                                                Macys
                                                 target
                                                childrens place
                                                 jcrew
                                                 capitalone
should I get rid of the store cards.  Are they hurting my score just having them.  I don't currently have balances on them.  I use them a little then pay them off

I am a AU on Chse
                       discover, both with anywhere from 30-50% utilization.

Any Advise?    Keep in mind I know I need to get rid of that derog. It's out of my means right now.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

Re: what to do?

Wanted to bump this one back up to see if anyone has any advise for me?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

laryn41 wrote:
Couple years ago didn't have that great of idea as far as credit is conserned.  Now that I am getting older I know that I need good credit. I have Sallie mae that wasn't in the best of standing.  For the last 6mths it has been curren.  I have on Derog that i need to take care of for 1600.  I have a CO from 4 years ogo.  Some lates from a car from years ago.  Other then that I pay everything on time I just paid all my CC off.  They have less then 10% util.  I just can't seem to get my scores up.  I do have a lot ( I mean alot) of inq's. I know I need to pay of off that derog but I don't have a cc with that high of a limit.  I can't get one either.  I have a
                                                Juniper Osh kosh
                                                Macys
                                                 target
                                                childrens place
                                                 jcrew
                                                 capitalone
should I get rid of the store cards.  Are they hurting my score just having them.  I don't currently have balances on them.  I use them a little then pay them off

I am a AU on Chse
                       discover, both with anywhere from 30-50% utilization.

Any Advise?    Keep in mind I know I need to get rid of that derog. It's out of my means right now.

NEVER close a CC account  it shows history which is good for credit. Now be careful with Cap1 they do not show CL only high Bal. This gives the impression that it is maxed.

AU is ok for now but CRA will be dropping them, so they say. You do not want to be an AU if there are any baddies on them! They are then your baddies.

Scores could be derogs. 
What state are you in??  do you know SOL?

Message Edited by HappyDays on 08-24-2007 10:22 PM
Message 3 of 4
laryn41
Frequent Contributor

Have some lates from years ago.  1 derog form years ago. I haven't paid that yet.  I have an exsessive amount of inq's like 16 or 17.   I don't really know.. It's says that I  have missed payments in the last two years.  I think that may have been my school loan.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.