cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what to do??

tag
workinmyplan

what to do??

hi all, newbie here.  i have questions: what is SOL?   is CRA for Credit Reporting Agency?  and is CA for Collection Agency? 
that said, i have an old credit card that went to collection during my dark ages about 6-7 years ago.  i have been working a plan for the last 2-3 years to fix my credit.  this credit card and the collection agency that now manages the debt are the only bad things left.
i have been paying collection agency $50 monthly for about 18 months (i was advised not to make a "settlement" payment, but to pay debt in full).  i still have about 6 months to go (wow, the card limit was only $500!!).  i have just joined fico.com and they have the original debt and the collection agency listed with late payments. i have been consistent with the payments and have only had maybe 2 occasions were the payment was a few days late.  these "late payments" seem to have hurt my score (red-flags). is there anything i can do?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what to do??

Here's the guide to abbreviations. I printed it out, it helps a lot.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=ficoscoring&thread.id=1325

Message Edited by kidwon on 09-29-2007 09:28 AM
Message 2 of 3
workinmyplan

Re: what to do??

thanx for the info.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.