cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when i dispute should i send to eq. or all three?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

when i dispute should i send to eq. or all three?

Hi, when i send a letter to dispute should i send to to all 3 credit agenices or just eq.
?    and one more thing when lenders look at your becon score do they look at all three credit agenices  or is it just a main one they look at  and which one is it   thank you
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: when i dispute should i send to eq. or all three?

horse wrote:
Hi, when i send a letter to dispute should i send to to all 3 credit agenices or just eq.
?    and one more thing when lenders look at your becon score do they look at all three credit agenices  or is it just a main one they look at  and which one is it   thank you

Welcome!

You send it to the CRA where the information you are disputing appears.  If there is no mention of the account on your TU report, then you have nothing to dispute with TU.  You dispute the information that is provided on the particular report.

Each lender has its own preferences for which scores it will pull.
Message 2 of 5
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

A lot of them will use one or two.  It depends on what it is that you are apping for.  If you are apping for a mortgage, they use all 3 and usually go with the middle score.
 Also, if you are going to dispute something, dispute it on whichever CRA's are reporting what you are disputing. 
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

you would file with all CRAs that are reporting the same debt.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You dispute it with all 3 CRAs only if there is wrong info on all 3 reports.

For example, if one CR shows the judgment as paid (because you paid it) but another CR shows it as unpaid, you would only dispute it with the latter CRA because the information is correct on the former CR.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.