Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where to start

tag
trc1962
Regular Contributor

where to start

I have gone through an economically tough time for a few years. My husband passed away suddenly (young), we had 2 boys to raise and I had medical problems that cost us money. Our house did recently sell and I now have money to pay off all my accounts. How do I receive updated information from all 3 credit bureaus regularly? I want to get things paid off and begin rebuilding my credit asap.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: where to start

Welcome to the forum.
You are eligible to receive your credit report annually from annualcreditreport.com. There you'll have the opportunity to pull all 3 credit reports.

I am truly sorry for your loss and wish you and your sons well.
Message 2 of 5
KeepingScores
Established Member

@trc1962 wrote:

I have gone through an economically tough time for a few years. My husband passed away suddenly (young), we had 2 boys to raise and I had medical problems that cost us money. Our house did recently sell and I now have money to pay off all my accounts. How do I receive updated information from all 3 credit bureaus regularly? I want to get things paid off and begin rebuilding my credit asap.

trc1962 Welcome to the forum.  Here you will find help and hope to reach many of your financial goals.  I am so sorry for the pain and loss that you and your family have suffered.  There are brighter days ahead.

Be careful HOW you payoff all of your accounts.  I learned from 09Lexie about a link that may help you as well: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/PFD-Q-amp-A-Examples-and-PFD-Success-Stories/...

You can receive updated information from all 3 credit reporting agencies (CRAs) in a variety of ways--depending on your needs. Please visit http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Credit-Monitoring-Service-CMS-Guide/m-p/662549... to see which CMS can best help you reach your goals.

Here's wishing you happiness and success!

Message 3 of 5
trc1962
Regular Contributor

Thank you for the information-I am determined to get things going in the right direction!

Message 4 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Good for you! Don't be a stranger; we are here to help.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.