Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which letter do i use?

tag
lisac
Regular Contributor

which letter do i use?

i closed my comcast cable account 10/06.  comcast said "we will send you final bill" because they charge a month ahead. And there will be some credits.  i knew my bill would be about $130 so i sent a payment of $50 and figured i will just pay the rest when my bill comes.   Well i got a collection notice for $80 before i got a final bill from Eastern Account Systems.  i called comcast, they tell me i didn't pay my bill so they sent it to collections.  i didn't even get a bill!  It wasn't even 30 days from the close of my account that i got the collection letter.  i paid comcast the day i called.  Called Eastern they told me it wont show on my cr because i paid it.  It is showing on my ex cr with a report date of 1/07.  Which letters do i sent for this one? i disputed this with ex.  They verified, 5/08 and my score dropped 20 points.   Any and all help would be great.  This is my only collection.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: which letter do i use?

lisac wrote:
i closed my comcast cable account 10/06.  comcast said "we will send you final bill" because they charge a month ahead. And there will be some credits.  i knew my bill would be about $130 so i sent a payment of $50 and figured i will just pay the rest when my bill comes.   Well i got a collection notice for $80 before i got a final bill from Eastern Account Systems.  i called comcast, they tell me i didn't pay my bill so they sent it to collections.  i didn't even get a bill!  It wasn't even 30 days from the close of my account that i got the collection letter.  i paid comcast the day i called.  Called Eastern they told me it wont show on my cr because i paid it.  It is showing on my ex cr with a report date of 1/07.  Which letters do i sent for this one? i disputed this with ex.  They verified, 5/08 and my score dropped 20 points.   Any and all help would be great.  This is my only collection.

Did you pay Comcast in full the day you called?  If so, contact Comcast and request they pull it back from the CA.
Message 2 of 5
lisac
Regular Contributor

yes i paid in full.  and comcast told me they cant.  but i will try again and update.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send the CA a DV.
Message 4 of 5
lisac
Regular Contributor

thanks. 
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.