cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who is CMG credit? I never opened account with them...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

who is CMG credit? I never opened account with them...

I have a revolving account(credit card) on my CR with a CMG credit, with a limit of 7500, and a 0 balance. It says it has been open since 2003. I disputed via the CRA, and it came back verified... even the second time I asked to verify. I have never opened this account, the number listened on my CR doesn't seem to be for them. I have googled and searched and have gotten nowhere. What is my next course of action?

Thanks!
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: who is CMG credit? I never opened account with them...

What is the address/phone listed for them on your CR?

Looks as if they are associated with USA Platinum.

acissej323 wrote:
I have a revolving account(credit card) on my CR with a CMG credit, with a limit of 7500, and a 0 balance. It says it has been open since 2003. I disputed via the CRA, and it came back verified... even the second time I asked to verify. I have never opened this account, the number listened on my CR doesn't seem to be for them. I have googled and searched and have gotten nowhere. What is my next course of action?

Thanks!

Message Edited by sidewinder on 03-14-2008 10:22 PM
Message 2 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have mailed them a letter CMRRR asking who they were, and what information they could give me on my supposed account... I sent in copy of DL, and second form of ID. No response, that was in December!

I dont think I can DV an open account... but is there a form of it for this? Especially when the CRAs keep verifying it.

the address is

1 MILLENNIUM DR
UNIONTOWN, PA 15401-6408
 # (724) 437-3709

I looked them up on BBB, they are not an accredited BBB business, so no help there.
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Send a MOV to the CRA.

acissej323 wrote:
I have mailed them a letter CMRRR asking who they were, and what information they could give me on my supposed account... I sent in copy of DL, and second form of ID. No response, that was in December!

I dont think I can DV an open account... but is there a form of it for this? Especially when the CRAs keep verifying it.

the address is

1 MILLENNIUM DR
UNIONTOWN, PA 15401-6408
 # (724) 437-3709

I looked them up on BBB, they are not an accredited BBB business, so no help there.

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks, guess that's what I'll do next!
Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks for that as well..Now I am overly positive I didnt open up an account with them!
I'm also going to call them tomorrow requesting any ifnormation on it, and see if I need to pursue it as an ID  theft( I hope not) ..but I guess thats the only way it got there...
Message 7 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

acissej323 wrote:
thanks for that as well..Now I am overly positive I didnt open up an account with them!
I'm also going to call them tomorrow requesting any ifnormation on it, and see if I need to pursue it as an ID  theft( I hope not) ..but I guess thats the only way it got there...

Only problem with ID theft is you have sent them all your information(copy of DL, second form of ID)  hopefully they don't use it against you.

From what I read..........you have to supply a checking account, debit card, or other form of payment for their one time fee of $149.95.  Might be able to get some information from that.
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

ask the OC for an investigation 

Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you Lady S, I will be sending that out Monday.
Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.