Reply
Contributor
acissej323
Posts: 120
Registered: ‎02-20-2008
0

who is CMG credit? I never opened account with them...

I have a revolving account(credit card) on my CR with a CMG credit, with a limit of 7500, and a 0 balance. It says it has been open since 2003. I disputed via the CRA, and it came back verified... even the second time I asked to verify. I have never opened this account, the number listened on my CR doesn't seem to be for them. I have googled and searched and have gotten nowhere. What is my next course of action?
 
Thanks!
I am shooting for 700 within the next year.
as of 2/20/2008
TU: 623, EXP: 553, EQ: 552
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 11,562
Registered: ‎08-29-2007
0

Re: who is CMG credit? I never opened account with them...

[ Edited ]
What is the address/phone listed for them on your CR?
 
Looks as if they are associated with USA Platinum.

acissej323 wrote:
I have a revolving account(credit card) on my CR with a CMG credit, with a limit of 7500, and a 0 balance. It says it has been open since 2003. I disputed via the CRA, and it came back verified... even the second time I asked to verify. I have never opened this account, the number listened on my CR doesn't seem to be for them. I have googled and searched and have gotten nowhere. What is my next course of action?
 
Thanks!





Message Edited by sidewinder on 03-14-2008 10:22 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Contributor
acissej323
Posts: 120
Registered: ‎02-20-2008
0

Re: who is CMG credit? I never opened account with them...

I have mailed them a letter CMRRR asking who they were, and what information they could give me on my supposed account... I sent in copy of DL, and second form of ID. No response, that was in December!
 
I dont think I can DV an open account... but is there a form of it for this? Especially when the CRAs keep verifying it.
 
 the address is
 
1 MILLENNIUM DR
UNIONTOWN, PA 15401-6408
 # (724) 437-3709
 
I looked them up on BBB, they are not an accredited BBB business, so no help there.
I am shooting for 700 within the next year.
as of 2/20/2008
TU: 623, EXP: 553, EQ: 552
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 11,562
Registered: ‎08-29-2007
0

Re: who is CMG credit? I never opened account with them...

Send a MOV to the CRA.

acissej323 wrote:
I have mailed them a letter CMRRR asking who they were, and what information they could give me on my supposed account... I sent in copy of DL, and second form of ID. No response, that was in December!
 
I dont think I can DV an open account... but is there a form of it for this? Especially when the CRAs keep verifying it.
 
 the address is
 
1 MILLENNIUM DR
UNIONTOWN, PA 15401-6408
 # (724) 437-3709
 
I looked them up on BBB, they are not an accredited BBB business, so no help there.



-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Contributor
acissej323
Posts: 120
Registered: ‎02-20-2008
0

Re: who is CMG credit? I never opened account with them...

thanks, guess that's what I'll do next!
I am shooting for 700 within the next year.
as of 2/20/2008
TU: 623, EXP: 553, EQ: 552
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 11,562
Registered: ‎08-29-2007
0

Re: who is CMG credit? I never opened account with them...

Contributor
acissej323
Posts: 120
Registered: ‎02-20-2008
0

Re: who is CMG credit? I never opened account with them...

thanks for that as well..Now I am overly positive I didnt open up an account with them!
I'm also going to call them tomorrow requesting any ifnormation on it, and see if I need to pursue it as an ID  theft( I hope not) ..but I guess thats the only way it got there...
I am shooting for 700 within the next year.
as of 2/20/2008
TU: 623, EXP: 553, EQ: 552
Moderator Emeritus
Posts: 11,562
Registered: ‎08-29-2007
0

Re: who is CMG credit? I never opened account with them...



acissej323 wrote:
thanks for that as well..Now I am overly positive I didnt open up an account with them!
I'm also going to call them tomorrow requesting any ifnormation on it, and see if I need to pursue it as an ID  theft( I hope not) ..but I guess thats the only way it got there...


Only problem with ID theft is you have sent them all your information(copy of DL, second form of ID)  hopefully they don't use it against you.
 
From what I read..........you have to supply a checking account, debit card, or other form of payment for their one time fee of $149.95.  Might be able to get some information from that.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Valued Contributor
Lady_Scarlet
Posts: 2,385
Registered: ‎09-10-2007
0

Re: who is CMG credit? I never opened account with them...

ask the OC for an investigation 
 
 
Now a member of the UNOFFICIAL 700 Club - Plus scores of 734-734-747
Contributor
acissej323
Posts: 120
Registered: ‎02-20-2008
0

Re: who is CMG credit? I never opened account with them...

thank you Lady S, I will be sending that out Monday.
I am shooting for 700 within the next year.
as of 2/20/2008
TU: 623, EXP: 553, EQ: 552

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+