Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why did this happen to my score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

why did this happen to my score?

i paid off all of my past collections last year. I have been paying my current credit cards on time for a few years now but use a good portion of my available credit, but recently, paid off $500 of the $3000 balance. i just got this from FICO:

This score decrease may be caused by these 4 new reasons:

• You have a serious delinquency (60 days past due or greater) or a derogatory description on your credit report.
  • You've made heavy use of your available revolving credit.
  • You have multiple accounts showing missed payments or derogatory descriptions.
  • You have a short credit history.

why would I get this if I haven't done anything wrong?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
dragnldy
Regular Contributor

Re: why did this happen to my score?

You have a serious delinquency (60 days past due or greater) or a derogatory description on your credit report.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have some collections on EQ that are listed under the revolving section instead.  When they've updated at all, it makes it look like a more recent derog.  Pull your report to see if they have it coded wrong. 
Ficos
3/7/08 TU-646 EQ-640 EX-650
3/17/09 TU-678 EQ 666
3/20/12 TU- 760 EQ 785
Util almost 0 and baddies all gone! now to gardening!
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: why did this happen to my score?

What else is in your CF? It could be a number of things as you see listed on your alert. Go through your reports with a fine tooth comb and see if anything has changed.

Has that $500 balance that you paid off reported yet? No one can really say. Honestly paying your collections off will only help if they are CA's because I have been told that they are calculated into your utilization.

If you use a lot of your credit that could be the main reason, as your alert said.

Have you recently made a late payment? What was the score drop BTW?

It is possible that you have been rebucketed too.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.