Did you mean: 

why is my fako/plus score lower?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

why is my fako/plus score lower?

i pulled my exp report and score at freecreditreport.com and my score was 575

i also pulled my exp report at privacyguard and got a fako score of 598

now i applied for a loan at my credit union and they said my exp fico is 620 and approve me for $2200 credit card

i thought fico was always the lowest one?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
laz98
Senior Contributor

Re: why is my fako/plus score lower?

you cannot compare FICO scores with any FAKO scores.  it's just a coincidence if one is higher or lower than the other Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm with you on this one, and I haven't quite figured out how my EXP FAKO can be 110 points lower than TU!  It's soooo annoying, especially since most creditors check the EXP which is my lowest one.

Message 3 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm with you on this one, and I haven't quite figured out how my EXP FAKO can be 110 points lower than TU!  It's soooo annoying, especially since most creditors check the EXP which is my lowest one.

Your EX report could easily contain different information than your TU report. But in any case, you can't rely on any FAKO score. For example, I have one TU FAKO that is at 498. On the very same day I pulled my TU FICO and that was at 673 (as of 6/1).

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

damn llecs your fico was nearly 200 points higher lol

i always thought fico score would lower, for example if my plus/fako is 650, my fico score would only be 600-620...guess not

this is confusing damn

Message 5 of 8
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

damn llecs your fico was nearly 200 points higher lol

i always thought fico score would lower, for example if my plus/fako is 650, my fico score would only be 600-620...guess not

this is confusing damn

Yes unfortunately it is confusing and that confusuion is caused by the CRA's selling "credit scores" that are not generally used by most creditors.

As long as you remember that ALL FAKO scores are worthless you'll be better off.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 6 of 8
tbolt2
Contributor

My Equifax FAKO was over 60 points lower than my FICO score. For what it's worth, I even went to the length of creating a spreadsheet with over 800 rows to track everything i could see on my EQ report. I pulled the complete report every day. One pattern I saw - on the first of each month my FAKO dropped 4 points, no matter what..... if you put on your tin foil hat and look out for the black helicopters, it'd be easy to believe that EQ is doing this just to keep you paying for the credit monitoring  service Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 534 11/09
Current Score: FICO 652 05/11
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 8
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@tbolt2 wrote:

One pattern I saw - on the first of each month my FAKO dropped 4 points, no matter what..... if you put on your tin foil hat (*) and look out for the black helicopters, it'd be easy to believe that EQ is doing this just to keep you paying for the credit monitoring  service Smiley Wink

* chem trails not included.

I used to subscribe to Credit Complete. If I ever do again, I'll look for that pattern.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.