New Contributor
Savings321

written agreements from coll. agencies?....HELP!!!

I let my credit slip pretty bad. I was homeless for awhile (I was pretty young and dumb...my credit score was the last thing on my mind) and didn't pay any of my bills, so I have alot of late late payment on my credit report, and I'm dealing with alot of collection agencies now. I'm finally getting back on my feet and trying to repair my credit. I've been sending payments to all of the collection agencies faithfully each month, and some of them will be paid off soon, but I understand that it is a good thing to have in wrinting that they will report to the credit agencies that the account is paid off or in good stanging when it is paid off. How should I go about requesting a written agreement for them to do that? Since I've already been sending payments and some are almost paid off, do you think they'll give me a hard time about it? Any advice would be greatly appriciated. Thanks!!!!!!!!!
Regular Contributor
SGT_F

Re: written agreements from coll. agencies?....HELP!!!

[ Edited ]
Read thread 101

Message Edited by SGT_F on 07-06-2007 07:54 PM
Established Contributor
so_confused

Here is the link if you can't find it:

9/18/08 TU=707 EQ=706 EX=702
New Contributor
Savings321

Thanks, I read it. Didn't see it the first time I scanned the page. (I'm still getting used to all these abbriviations). I printed out the PFD letter and I'm on to personizing it for my needs and getting ready to mail them. Thanks for youf help!!!!
Established Contributor
so_confused

Your welcome...glad to help:smileyvery-happy:
9/18/08 TU=707 EQ=706 EX=702

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+