cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yay me, some one thinks i'm worthy of being scammed!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

yay me, some one thinks i'm worthy of being scammed!

i got a $2450.00 check in the mail today. seems i won a utility lotto or some bs. anyway, i'm glad somebody out there thinks i have enough money to go through the effort to try and scam me.

can i expect a fico boost?!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: yay me, some one thinks i'm worthy of being scammed!

And I only win the foreign lotteries!  Smiley Tongue

If you want to save some sweet lil old lady from falling for that check, report it : http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/consumer/credit/cre40.shtm

Quack!  Smiley Happy
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have won that foreign lottery at least a dozen times in the last year....Got another one yesterday...YOU HAVE WON!!! Yeah right...Between those notices, and the onces where rich folks in some crazy country have a relative that died and just need somebody to get the millions to the US.....Momma always said...if it sounds too good to be true...It is....
Message 3 of 11
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

ObsessedwithmyFico wrote:
I have won that foreign lottery at least a dozen times in the last year....Got another one yesterday...YOU HAVE WON!!! Yeah right...Between those notices, and the onces where rich folks in some crazy country have a relative that died and just need somebody to get the millions to the US.....Momma always said...if it sounds too good to be true...It is....

You know it!

I apparently have at least 14 relatives in Turkastanzamania that have perished from some bizarre and devistating disease and left me their riches.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

just on the off chance, i called the bank of omaha and gave the account number. the csr says, sorry but there's not enough funds to cover that amount. i would have been surprised if there actually was!
Message 5 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I just sent in my $5,000 to someone a half a world away because he needed help with his friend's last will and testament. He said that if I sent in $10,000 I would be mailed a check in the amount of $20,100,000.00 for my troubles. I told him that I only had $5k extra because the other $5k is going to credit repair due to advice given on MyFICO. Well, he accepted the $5k. What a kind gentleman! Not only did I get to plug these forums on an international level, but because of your great advice, drinks are on me!Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 11
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Ahhhh, our influence spreads....
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know it's completely unrelated... but I actually got a check in the mail from Budweiser for $2,000. The CRAZY part is.... it was completely real. They just made a mistake and sent the check to the wrong address. Ha ha ha! Man it was hard sending that check back!!!

But in reference to scams, that's the whole reason I'm on this forum. Recently I found something that had been turned into a collection on my credit report that I knew nothing about. I tried researching the company and it led me to a thread on here.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=rebuildingcredit&message.id=38192

It's the same address as the company that's on my credit report. They filed a false collection on me for $80 and it's screwing up my credit! And by the way it sounds, it's going to be hard as hell to get it removed. Smiley Sad

How's that for a scam?! Ugh!
Message 8 of 11
mymoneynow
Regular Contributor

Hey!Hey!Hey!     I got email this morning- I won lottery in the UK- I can collect as soon as I wire claim funds of $10,000, but Hey, I won $2.5 million- great return on my money!

Yeah Right!!!!

Frequent Contributor

I recently read an article about a woman who was over 300,000 in debt because she sent money to everyone of those emails she ever recieved. How could someone be so stupid as to do it more than once, or even once for that matter? If I sent money to everyone I received, I would probabably be over a billion in debt since I get at least 20 of the emails a day.

Sept 07 EQ 419

April 2012 EQ- 669 EXP- 680 TU-700= Proud New Homeowner!
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.