cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$0 balance credit cards included in debt calculations????

tag
foofighter74
Established Contributor

Re: $0 balance credit cards included in debt calculations????

If a lender pulled my credit report, looked at all the available credit and minimum payments from when there were balances and tried to include those in DTI, i would laugh in their face and walk out the door. There are plenty of lenders who will look at what you are actually obligated to pay each month without trying to predict what you might spend in the future. 

Message 21 of 23
Mike_B03
Valued Contributor

@MovingForward_2012 wrote:
Maybe it was because I had a small balance on each card when DU was done because even though I pay the full balance every month, I often make charges before the credit card balance is updated to my credit reports.

When you say you pay it down every month, do you mean on the due date, and then keep it at $0 until the statement gets cut? Or you pay it down to $0 on say the 1st of the month and then start using it again, not keeping track of when your statement actually closes?

Message 22 of 23
shorttough
New Contributor

My LO told me the same thing, but in the DU copy, i got from him, showed actual minimum payments from my CR. no 0 balance Credit Cards were included. I didnt push the matter any further.

As Of 11/11/2016

TU-793
EQ-801
EX-754
Message 23 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.