Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 week in being a new 1st time homeowners

tag
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

1 week in being a new 1st time homeowners

We have closed!moved and been in our home a little over a week and it feels great. I'm not settled and it may take a while to get settled in to where I can relax and add all the personal touches we have planned but we will get there. I wanted to say  thanks to everyone  who has helped out with the advice and encouragement  throughout our 5 months of torture. It makes it all worth it! I'm really enjoying  the ride and the peace knowing we own our own house. I can't thank those in this forum enough for the wealth of knowledg that will stick with me throughout  my life to help  keep me on track with my credit, I am paying it forward  and helping others with what I know.

Current Ficos as of 01/2017 Equifax 640, Transunion 690 Experian 690 Mortgage middle score of 677
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Re: 1 week in being a new 1st time homeowners

Must be fun making your new house a home!  Have you tried Houzz.com yet?  Very cool website where designers give their advice to help you organize and decorate in the design dilemma section ( for free ) Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 9
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

I ran across that and other apps when i was in the app store but now that you mentioned it i will go and download it.😊 thanks and yes im enjoying it but wish i had the house painted i hate white walls! Lol. Its also expensive personalizing it however if i can get it painted and window treatments for our living room and bed room i can deal.with the other things that need to be done. 

Current Ficos as of 01/2017 Equifax 640, Transunion 690 Experian 690 Mortgage middle score of 677
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm 5 months behind you. Haven't started freaking out yet but I figure that will come in about 3 months... Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 9
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

Well, I wouldnt freak out but I WOULD advised you to have some extra nerves in your bag because the nerves you do have will get pretty worn. lol

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@StartingOver10 wrote:

Must be fun making your new house a home!  Have you tried Houzz.com yet?  Very cool website where designers give their advice to help you organize and decorate in the design dilemma section ( for free ) Smiley Happy

I love Houzz! West Elm has an awesome design service, too! Havenly is cool, too!!

Heart

OP - Congrats on moving in and making it home!

Message 6 of 9
Sylvrbak
Regular Contributor

Began my personal credit Renaissance April 2014 with scores I the 590's, thanks to all your experiences myfico - all mortgage scores in the 730's.
Message 7 of 9
Sylvrbak
Regular Contributor

Now the work begins... enjoy the ride and congrats again. Such a great feeling being at home huh ?
Began my personal credit Renaissance April 2014 with scores I the 590's, thanks to all your experiences myfico - all mortgage scores in the 730's.
Message 8 of 9
jamevfan
Frequent Contributor

Yes! @sylvrbak great feeling, but truth is the REAL work begins. I wouldn't trade the experience or current feelings for the world, its great being a homeowner!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.