Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

10 days shopping for mortgage...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

10 days shopping for mortgage...

I've read that I should spend 10 days or less shopping around for a mortgage from different lenders.

My question is, when talking to lenders, should I just get a fees, etc. worksheet from each, or should I get a full pre-approval?

Seems like I just need the worksheet, but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks for any advice! 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 10 days shopping for mortgage...

get pre-approvals.  Anything they give you that does not include a pulled credit report is worthless and once they do pull credit, there is no point in not getting a full pre-approval and then comparing the different lenders and what they can offer you.  Also, throw questions at your loan officer and see how quick they get back to you and how clear the answer the questions.  Often the people who quote the lowest rate may not end up being the best loan and if you see someone quoting something that seems to good ot be true, it probably is.

Also, yes, keep inquiries under 14 days (10 is a little better to make sure that a LO does not put your file in a line and run the credit a few days later....)

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.