Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100 Point Loss for Mortgage Payoff

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

100 Point Loss for Mortgage Payoff

As reported on my wife's CK account.

Yikes!! Thank goodness we already closed on the new house.

Hopefully when the new mortgage hits it goes back up again!

Smiley Frustrated

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: 100 Point Loss for Mortgage Payoff

I don't believe that CK number for a second. If you want to know what your real FICO score is, buy the mortgage report from MyFICO or have a loan officer friend run a tri-merge report for you.

Message 2 of 6
mynameainttracy
Established Contributor

When my mortgage started reporting a couple of weeks ago my CK scored plummeted about 50 points on each CRA. My real score from here moved one way or another 5-10 points.

Message 3 of 6
happy0510
Established Contributor

This scared me at first cause i'm closing a mortgage that might report before my new one! But Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 6
bbb925
Regular Contributor

Scared me too! I closed on the sale of my home this month and it will probably update "paid off" before I apply for my new mortgage next month. Praying my score isn't affected badly.
Message 5 of 6
2b2rich
Established Contributor

When I refinanced my auto loans (2 of them), EQ & TU I didn't really notice a difference because the old loans updated paid/closed about the same time the new ones did.  EX still isn't reporting the new loans, but is the closed ones and my FICO 8 dropped 20pts when that happen and the negative indicator that states I have no installment accounts reporting popped up, so yeah, I believe at least some of your pt drop was from that.  I am hoping that I will get most of my 20pts back when they finally start reporting on EX

Chapter 7 Discharged & Closed Jan 2020
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.