Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1098 and taxes and Inteest paid on HUD

tag
good_credit
Established Member

1098 and taxes and Inteest paid on HUD

I closed on my home in Feb,2010.  Paid taxes and interest  (shown on the HUD).

My loan was transfered to BOA  in March , 2010. I have received  1098 that shows 0 for taxes (  my County  has billed the buider for last year taxes) and the interest on 1098 does not include the intrest  paid at the time of closing.

Can i still claim the taxes and intrest shown on HUD while filing tax returns even though 1098 does not show them.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 1098 and taxes and Inteest paid on HUD

You are probably still waiting on another form.  If the loan was transfered to BofA then they would not have the interest on file paid initially.  Anything that YOU paid and you can document you would be able to write off.  The initial bank that wrote your loan should be sending you an additonal tax form.

Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: 1098 and taxes and Inteest paid on HUD

You should bring the 1098 tax forms along with the Final HUD-1 settlement statement to your tax preparer.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.