Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1099 Income - FHA Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

1099 Income - FHA Loan

My husband is an independent contractor for an NFL team (he has been the last two years) and earns 1099 income.  We have minimal expenses for this and have reported it on taxes the last two years with Turbo Tax.  My loan officer is requesting the following...

Satisfactory third party verification of self-employed business to be obtained; CPA letter, business license – letter from your CPA saying Ken is self employed and he has done taxes for last2 years

We don't have a CPA, because we just use Turbo Tax.  It's pretty straightforward.  I sent him an email back, but wondering if anyone on here has any insight.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

Re: 1099 Income - FHA Loan

loan officer gave you a very robotic response.

write a letter or email explaining exactly what he does and for whom.

LO can get with their underwriter to see what they will want to see.

no sweat

Retired Lender
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 1099 Income - FHA Loan

@DallasLoanGuy wrote:

loan officer gave you a very robotic response.

write a letter or email explaining exactly what he does and for whom.

LO can get with their underwriter to see what they will want to see.

no sweat

Thanks so much! He just wrote back and said he's going to see what else he can do.  My husband does pre game shows for the team.  I told them all they had to do to verify was to just turn on the radio and listen to him! haha...luckily he laughed Smiley Happy 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.