Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11th Hour Funding Condition

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 11th Hour Funding Condition

agreed.....but i still think the UW is a moron. 

THe WHOLE process is idiotic......that they are asking me to destroy my little bit of credit...and close the accounts that further DING my credit.

Just stupid no matter how you slice it.

But again......we are "slaves to the rhythm"  so to speak....the underwriter says "jump" and we all have to ask "how high"......

It has not left me with a good feeling .....which makes me sad.  I have been so upfront on making this happen....getting my credit up, providing ALL the docs timely...everything.

I just feel like i was backed into a corner but it is what it is now.

On the phone with Factual Data now verify the closed accounts so we can be done today...close tomorrow and record.

ugh

Message 21 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know the feeling and just wanting to vent on someone though, especially with such a stressful transaction. I've also known my share of hard headed and overly cautious underwriters, so maybe yours truly is a bonehead ;-) let us know how the rest of it goes.
Message 22 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fannie Mae released a Selling Guide on May 26th of this year, no longer forcing paid-off revolving debt to be closed for the sake of DTI ratios. Lenders can still have overlays requiring a borrower to do so. OP, the underwriter is simply following their company's procedure. If anything, the LO should have been upfront with you explaining what was going to happen.

I do understand your frustration though, and I'm sorry you are going through this. If you look at the big picture, a home is likely the largest purchase you will ever finance - so all the work you have done on your credit is going to give you keys to your very own home. And if you get approved for a home loan, you will definitely get approved for new credit cards after you close Smiley Happy.

Message 23 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

and there in lies the whole thing.....i am getting my house.

the credit will come.......and that is what i have to keep in perspective.

I was just so angry as it really makes no sense......water under the bridge now.

My loan will close, i get my house......and all will be right with the world.

Smiley Happy

Message 24 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

and there in lies the whole thing.....i am getting my house.

the credit will come.......and that is what i have to keep in perspective.

I was just so angry as it really makes no sense......water under the bridge now.

My loan will close, i get my house......and all will be right with the world.

Smiley Happy

Precisely Smiley Happy. Not everything in this industry makes sense all of the time, but your home will be the big payoff! Best of luck to you!

Message 25 of 35
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Well, OP....I want to congratulate you on your new house!!!!!  It is a true accomplishment.   You will bounce back from the closed accounts in no time!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 26 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

just got confirmation from mortgage broker....the loan has funded.

We close and record tomorrow.

(((((((sigh))))) of relief

Thank you guys......it is this community forum that got me through all of this credit stuff, mortgage/loan issues, understanding the process better,  learning patience and diligence is so important.......

It was still a very stressful, crazy escrow......but now its done and i am a homeowner again.

Better this time around......i feel much more involved, educated....and empowered.

I did it.Smiley LOL 

Message 27 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

just got confirmation from mortgage broker....the loan has funded.

We close and record tomorrow.

(((((((sigh))))) of relief

Thank you guys......it is this community forum that got me through all of this credit stuff, mortgage/loan issues, understanding the process better,  learning patience and diligence is so important.......

It was still a very stressful, crazy escrow......but now its done and i am a homeowner again.

Better this time around......i feel much more involved, educated....and empowered.

I did it.Smiley LOL 

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 28 of 35
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

Congratulations on your new home! Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 35
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Well done and congrats kims!

        
Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.