Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st Time Home Buyer - FICO 667

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

1st Time Home Buyer - FICO 667

My wife and I have never owned a home. We are in our early 50's, both work full time with combined income 85K annually. Retirement savings 125K.

Currently have 22K for down payment. Only debt is student loan of 2K balance and 1 CC with bal paid off monthly. Both cars paid off.

Just wondering if we would have difficulty in getting a mortgage. We are only wanting a 15yr mortgage.

Thank you

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: 1st Time Home Buyer - FICO 667

No. I don't foresee any difficulties as long as your mid score qualifies. Based on your profile, you could probably go conventional.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 2 of 3
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: 1st Time Home Buyer - FICO 667

@Anonymous wrote:

My wife and I have never owned a home. We are in our early 50's, both work full time with combined income 85K annually. Retirement savings 125K.

Currently have 22K for down payment. Only debt is student loan of 2K balance and 1 CC with bal paid off monthly. Both cars paid off.

Just wondering if we would have difficulty in getting a mortgage. We are only wanting a 15yr mortgage.

Thank you

No problems from anything you mentioned. Just depends on how much home you are looking to buy.

You havent mentioned what type of loan you were looking into. While your score you posted will qualify you for any type of loan, the rates will be different between them. Just something you need to be aware of.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.