New Visitor

1st Time Home Buyer - FICO 667

My wife and I have never owned a home. We are in our early 50's, both work full time with combined income 85K annually. Retirement savings 125K.

Currently have 22K for down payment. Only debt is student loan of 2K balance and 1 CC with bal paid off monthly. Both cars paid off.

Just wondering if we would have difficulty in getting a mortgage. We are only wanting a 15yr mortgage.

Thank you

Valued Contributor

Re: 1st Time Home Buyer - FICO 667

No. I don't foresee any difficulties as long as your mid score qualifies. Based on your profile, you could probably go conventional.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! :smileyhappy: Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Valued Contributor

Re: 1st Time Home Buyer - FICO 667

horns05 wrote:

My wife and I have never owned a home. We are in our early 50's, both work full time with combined income 85K annually. Retirement savings 125K.

Currently have 22K for down payment. Only debt is student loan of 2K balance and 1 CC with bal paid off monthly. Both cars paid off.

Just wondering if we would have difficulty in getting a mortgage. We are only wanting a 15yr mortgage.

Thank you

No problems from anything you mentioned. Just depends on how much home you are looking to buy.

You havent mentioned what type of loan you were looking into. While your score you posted will qualify you for any type of loan, the rates will be different between them. Just something you need to be aware of.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.