New Visitor
horns05

1st Time Home Buyer - FICO 667

My wife and I have never owned a home. We are in our early 50's, both work full time with combined income 85K annually. Retirement savings 125K.

Currently have 22K for down payment. Only debt is student loan of 2K balance and 1 CC with bal paid off monthly. Both cars paid off.

Just wondering if we would have difficulty in getting a mortgage. We are only wanting a 15yr mortgage.

Thank you

Valued Contributor
MovingForward_2012

Re: 1st Time Home Buyer - FICO 667

No. I don't foresee any difficulties as long as your mid score qualifies. Based on your profile, you could probably go conventional.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! :smileyhappy: Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Valued Contributor
JM-AM

Re: 1st Time Home Buyer - FICO 667

horns05 wrote:

My wife and I have never owned a home. We are in our early 50's, both work full time with combined income 85K annually. Retirement savings 125K.

Currently have 22K for down payment. Only debt is student loan of 2K balance and 1 CC with bal paid off monthly. Both cars paid off.

Just wondering if we would have difficulty in getting a mortgage. We are only wanting a 15yr mortgage.

Thank you

No problems from anything you mentioned. Just depends on how much home you are looking to buy.

You havent mentioned what type of loan you were looking into. While your score you posted will qualify you for any type of loan, the rates will be different between them. Just something you need to be aware of.

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+