Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st payment

tag
C7LT1
New Contributor

1st payment

Sometime banks/credit unions run promotions on auto loans where the 1st payment is not due for 60 or 90 days. Have anyone successfully done this on a mortgage?

I close Oct 30 on a VA loan with NFCU and would love if my payment was due Jan 1 or even better Feb 1. I plan to ask my mortgage processor next time we speak but thought I would ask here first.

In the garden until June 2018

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 1st payment

Just closed on my house in August, first payment was due October 1.

Message 2 of 4
StartingOver10
Moderator Emerita

@C7LT1 wrote:

Sometime banks/credit unions run promotions on auto loans where the 1st payment is not due for 60 or 90 days. Have anyone successfully done this on a mortgage?

I close Oct 30 on a VA loan with NFCU and would love if my payment was due Jan 1 or even better Feb 1. I plan to ask my mortgage processor next time we speak but thought I would ask here first.

I have not seen that offered.  If you closed in the first week ) November 2014 then your first payment would be due Jan 1, 2015.

If you closed in Dec 2014, your first payment would be due Feb 1, 2015.

By closing Oct 30th, your first payment will be due Dec 1st, 2014.

Message 3 of 4
C7LT1
New Contributor

Thanks for the replies! My first payment being due is Dec 1st works because my lease ends Nov 30 with my last rent payment due on Nov 1 . I just wanted a month no rent/mortgage payment. 17yrs old was good time, Income + No Bills,lol!

In the garden until June 2018

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.