Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st steps made!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

1st steps made!

Well, decided to take the plunge and applied for pre-approval and I'm still in shock! It's been a very long hard road going from a 433 EQ to 624.  I know the fun is just beginning but I do want to thank everyone on the boards for all of your help.  I called up USAA and got a conditional preapproval providing some documentation about my unemployment and lates and it looks like I will have to take care of this really old CO that is still showing up.  We are definitely going VA as the funding fee is waived and will only need to pay $7200. in closing costs unless we can negotiate with the seller of whichever home we get.

I only asked for $180,000. as we want to make it as affordable as possible because once the kids come, we will be down to one income.

But that won't be for at least a couple more years! Smiley Happy

I did get the official confirmation that my GW to Collection Company of America has worked and it will be taken off all 3 reports.  Last one to budge is EX!

I will LOVE to entertain the thought of being in the 700s at the end of this year!

You all rock!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
hawkeye33
Regular Contributor

Re: 1st steps made!

Congrats. It's difficult to enjoy the journey you've just embarked upon. But definitely embrace it. You will be able to enjoy the reward at the end of it. Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

congrats
Retired Lender
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.