Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st time buyer tax credit

tag
darrell
New Contributor

1st time buyer tax credit

I just bought a home in June 08. Thanks to you all for all the support and asking my questions before buying the home.

I was financed for the home via FHA loan, and now want to apply for the 7500 1st time buyer tax credit. I understand I have to payback in two years. The house cost was 157k

Is a FHA mortage loan considered to be a mortgage revenue bond (MRB) program? If so, I can not apply for the 1st time buyer credit.

Thank you all in advance.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 1st time buyer tax credit

Yes, you can apply for the $7500 credit, but understand that as of now, you purchased in 2008 so your $7500 credit will need to be paid over the next 15 years, $500 per year on your annual taxes.
Message 2 of 4
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

15yr payback.

no, fha is not a bond program. financing with fha loan does NOT disqualify you

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

As of now, the credit will have to be paid in equal amounts of $500 over 15yrs, though, you have a two year grace period before the first payment is due.  This is def. a great opportunity but my advice to all is use the money wisely!  Lets not spend on useless luxuries, rather...Improve your home, puchase needed furniture or pay down your loan balance.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.