Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Credit Pulls in 3 days???WTH

tag
Lemmus
Established Contributor

Re: 2 Credit Pulls in 3 days???WTH

...its a no no ...period

...some people put a loaded gun to their head, pull the trigger, and the gun misfires ...its still a no no for the sane among us

...adding ANY debt during underwriting/prior to closing, regardless of your "intent", risks that it shows on the last credit pull and back you go to underwriting again

...why take that risk? ...patience, eh

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 21 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lemmus wrote:

...its a no no ...period

...some people put a loaded gun to their head, pull the trigger, and the gun misfires ...its still a no no for the sane among us

...adding ANY debt during underwriting/prior to closing, regardless of your "intent", risks that it shows on the last credit pull and back you go to underwriting again

Fair enough, but if we have the cash, then can we use the cash to buy the furniture, during the mortgage process?

Message 22 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lemmus wrote:

...its a no no ...period

Fair enough, but if we have the cash, then can we use the cash to buy the furniture, during the mortgage process?

This is just me but I kind of feel like the more money I have in my account at closing the better off I am.  Just in case they decide they want another teller stamped and signed transaction history.  I have already been asked for that 2 times.  I felt horrible about the fact that they asked me for one right after Easter.lol

Message 23 of 25
Lemmus
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lemmus wrote:

...its a no no ...period

...you can ...but that doesn't mean you should ...there are countless unexpected "oops" during the mortgage process ...having extra cash on-hand can solve almost anything ...new furniture solves nothing that couldn't have waited until you have your keys in your hand ...patience, eh

...otoh, if you have a LOT more cash than you could possibly need to close on your new home, what are you doing here among us anti-trumps anyway? Smiley Tongue

Helpful Links: Do I Qualify? | Mortgage Calculator | USDA Mortgages | Opt Out | FICO Versions
Last HP: 11/04/15 | myFico 3B Jun 10 '15:FICO8 EQ - 752 | TU - 763 | EX - 750
Message 24 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lemmus wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Lemmus wrote:

...its a no no ...period

...you can ...but that doesn't mean you should ...there are countless unexpected "oops" during the mortgage process ...having extra cash on-hand can solve almost anything ...new furniture solves nothing that couldn't have waited until you have your keys in your hand ...patience, eh

...otoh, if you have a LOT more cash than you could possibly need to close on your new home, what are you doing here among us anti-trumps anyway? Smiley Tongue

Well said! Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.