Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Points

tag
cracksmeup
Regular Contributor

2 Points

So we submitted our app for pre-approval on Wednesday.  The LO called me today.  My gf's score is short by 2 points!  I'm so frustrated.  Hoping we can get those points quickly, just feeling defeated and need a drink Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
MissKay
Contributor

Re: 2 Points

Any cc that she can pay down?

Starting Score: 595 2/5/12
Current Score: 650 midscore lender pull 7/24/12
Goal Score: 640

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Depending on utilization, easiest way to get two points is to pay down some cards as suggested above.  Another quick fix to improving utilization if you know someone who can help, is to get added as an AU to an account.  If someone in your family or a friend has a card that they don't use, with long history, no late payments, and a nice CL, they can add you as an AU and improve your utilization and possibly your AAoA at the same time.  If they're worried about you charging on the card, you can agree to give them the physical card.  Amex also lets the primary cardholder set limits on the AU's card online (not sure if others lenders have a similar feature). 

Share what's on your GF's reports and I'm sure you'll get other suggestions.  How many tradelines, inquiries, AAoA, baddies, etc.?

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 8
FrugalRican
Blogger

@Walt_K wrote:

Share what's on your GF's reports and I'm sure you'll get other suggestions.  How many tradelines, inquiries, AAoA, baddies, etc.?

This.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 4 of 8
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

i have people pay down revolving and rapid rescore the credit for my clients ALL of the time.

Can you pay down a CC?

Retired Lender
Message 5 of 8
cracksmeup
Regular Contributor

Unfortunately, she doesn't have any cc. She's an authorized user on mine. Would adding her to my Kohl's charge help or does it have to be a major cc? The thing keeping her scores down are unpaid medical collections.
Message 6 of 8
mlearma
New Contributor

I'm on my husband's kohls card as an authorized user.....it does not show up on my credit report.  Bank of America does not report me as AU on my husband's credit card account either.

Just check with the banks before you add her as AU...  that's my experience and $.02 Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
Booner72
Senior Contributor

If you can get the most recent  (must be most recent or it won't work) collection deleted via PFD, she could get the points.  I got 15 points when I was in dire straights by doing this.  I called, faxed, wrote letters, begged, and then did that all again 3 times a day, to both the CA and the OC.  One morning I called to do it again, and guess what they said? 

I've also had collections that were not the most recent deleted and they did nothing for my score.

"as a courtesy we are deleting this account from your reports."  

GOOD LUCK

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.