cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 mortgage-related Hard-Pulls . . . how long 'til score goes back up?

tag
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

2 mortgage-related Hard-Pulls . . . how long 'til score goes back up?

After (with the help of this community!) slowly rebuilding my credit scores from the low-500's to the 675-695 range, my wife and I were able to qualify to refinance our mortgage, at a substantially lower rate than the godawful 8.05% we had before.  Praise God for that!

My question is, I've had two HPs (and unfortunately, they weren't within 15 days of each other, where it's my understanding they would have basically counted as just ONE) as part of the qualifying process, and my score's have been dinged about 12-15 points.  How long will it take until those HPs cease to have a negative affect on my credit scores?

thanks,

Pigeye

2007 - 2010 low point: mid-500s

With the help of myFICO community, now: 714 EQ FICO

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: 2 mortgage-related Hard-Pulls . . . how long 'til score goes back up?

You should gain a few points each month to get back to where you were, but as far as how long will those inquiries impact your score... I suspect no more than 12 months but I don't know the definitive answer.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.