cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2009 FTHB Credit...lets track it!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 2009 FTHB Credit...lets track it! (Fresno Office)

Well I mailed an amended return priority day after I closed April 29th.  Was received on May 5th.  I called two weeks ago and no new info.  I called today and they are mailing a check on Friday..  WHOOT! 

So for me from date received to when I receive check it will probably be eight weeks.  Check is going straight into savings Smiley Happy

Message 81 of 153
FIRECOURAGE
Frequent Contributor

Awesome! Hope mines work out like yours! They received mines a few days after yours on May 7. I have mine set up for direct deposit. Hopefully soon!!

4/01/2019 | Dismissed Chapter 7 BK

2/12/2024 | Equifax: 677 | Experian: 699 | TransUnion: 725
Goal Score: 750 - Across The Board
Message 82 of 153
jmack711
Regular Contributor

So I called the IRS again today and the lady told me that my case was being closed because I forgot to include some forms! Smiley Sad  But i dont know what it could be because  I included the 1040X, 5405, HUD 1, my license and  my closing document. Grrrr I hope I can get this resolved soon!

Message 83 of 153
Anonymous
Not applicable

jmack711,

What a bummer.  I sure she couldn't give you any concrete info over the phone.  I hope you get the letter soon.  What on Earth could you have forgotten to include, everything you stated was what they asked for.  I read in an early post that some one forgot to send something and when they sent it in they got their check in about a month.  So now that you're in the system it might help them retrace your info and get your check back.  I believe they also posted they got a little intrest too.

Message 84 of 153
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in awe at the BS our govt, namely the damned IRS feeds us.  First it could take up to 16 weeks to get your refund.  My 16 weeks will be on the

June 28th.

Now they have the nerve to tell me it is done processing, has adjusted but could take another 4 weeks for me to get a refund date and for them

to cut a check.  WHAT THE HELL??!!!!

I have never seen such a song and dance in my life.  I sent info to the tax advocate 4 weeks ago, and have I received a confirmation or follow up?

H-NO!!!

I am livid. I HATE being lied to.

I am now on hold to speak with a tax advocate.  Lets see what lies they tell me.

Message 85 of 153
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mrs Q

I know exactly how you feel! I am the one who started this thread back in 2/1/10. I am still going in circles with the IRS! All they have done is issue me a check for my regular return saying my FTHB credit is being reviewed. July 5th will be 18 wks for me! I contacted a tax advocate and they said they could not help me until July 5th....what BS!!!!  It's always a different story when I call.......it's really funny......When you owe the IRS they want their money right then but when they owe you money they take their sweet time paying you! I might see this credit by next tax season!

Let me know what you find out!

Message 86 of 153
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I got another run around story.  They said if they assigned my case (as they hadnt gotten my first 3 attempts at an advocate) it would push my date

back even further.  Even though the person told me another 2 weeks to call back to check on when they would mail a checkl, it might be Monday.

If it is in there Monday(6/28), and they do direct deposit, I would get it by the 9th.<-----Stupid....  If it was mailed, it would be mailed on the 16th.

So I asked, why do you all say 16 weeks when it is actually 20.

She told me that mine was actually fast because there were some people who mailed theirs in October and still have not gotten a check.

Im like wow...Anything to hold onto someone else's money.

Message 87 of 153
Anonymous
Not applicable

MrsQ...What are they saying?  Did they finish processing it and there's a check ready  to be sent.. I thought they couldn't do direct deposits with this money? 

I know you are ready to pull your hair out.

I Can't Take it!

I was going to wait until the 1st of July to call again, but I'm on hold now.  Really depending on this cash to do some improvements, appliances etc. and hopefully buy a great used car. 

I'll update you'

Message 88 of 153
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh well I hope no news is good news.

They could give me no more info then I had before.  Told me the processing time and told me to call back at the end of 16 weeks if I hadn't received a check or any correspondences from them.

The other guy told me to start counting 6-8 weeks from the day my info got on their sytem.

I'll pray for the best.

Message 89 of 153
jmack711
Regular Contributor

Ok I was able to call and talk someone and was told that I forgot to send page one of the 1040X and the 5405 documents which is NOT true because I made copies of EVERYTHING that I sent in. I believe they misplaced them or are just stalling. Nonetheless, I made copies AGAIN and mailed the "missing" documents off last Thursday (6/24), so they waiting continues!

Message 90 of 153
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.