cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

203k on foreclosure?? Will late utilities affect my approval?

tag
msann
Valued Member

203k on foreclosure?? Will late utilities affect my approval?

We have found a foreclosed home appraised at $160,000, but the bank is asking $145,000. It may take $20,000 to get this house in liveable condition. I have been told we can get a 203k loan to do the $20,000 worth of renovations. How does that work?

Also, I have been late on some of my utilites (being careless) will this affect our being approved. I have no recent (last 12 months) lates on my credit but i do have a medical collection that has been on my report since 2006.I am working on getting that removed, but was concerned about the late utilities after reading that those are part of the loan approval process. Will my utilities be a part of the loan process and if so, how far back will they want to look?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 203k on foreclosure?? Will late utilities affect my approval?

We just got a USDA loan without showing utility bills. I think they mostly want those to strengthen a weaker file and not necessarily for every loan. It may vary a little by lender too.
Message 2 of 5
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

we wont investigate utilities

Retired Lender
Message 3 of 5
msann
Valued Member

That is good to know, less i have to worry about.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello DallasLoanGuy, one question, after underwriter at bank approves and sends to USDA, does USDA do another credit check?
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.