Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

21 Points

tag
rob78001
Established Member

21 Points

Hi all. Any suggestions for a mortgage loan with a 619 fico score? My wife's score is middle score is 619 and min is 689. She has 8 paid medical collections on her credit report from a really stubborn CA. Everything else is fine except one high utilization that hasn't reported yet. Here is how it looks right now.

Cap 1  $50  $750 limit

Cap1   $50  $750 limit

Best Buy  $63  $400 limit

Walmart  $513  $700 limit  Paid down to $63 dollars waiting to reflect on CR

Sallie mae  2 90+ day lates from a deferment paperwork mix-up(emailed customer advocate center last night)

8 paid medical collections.

I was wondering if a CLI on the cards will help the score.

Pulling my hair out here.

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

Re: 21 Points

Its those collections that is really hurting.

Did you pay the collector directly or did you pay the hospital.

Message 2 of 12
rob78001
Established Member

Paid the CA. We didn't even know we had them until we pulled the report last year. That's when I found this wonderful forum. After reading the information here I was able to raise my score from low 600s to where they are now but my wife's have been plummeting.

Message 3 of 12
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

How old are those 90 day lates

Im afraid you might be stuck with those collections. They can be hard to get off unless you can beg the hospital to have them deleted.

Message 4 of 12
rob78001
Established Member

Message 5 of 12
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

When were the collections paid

Message 6 of 12
rob78001
Established Member

Early last year. But they are reporting as of Nov. 2012. How would I get the doctor to remove the collections? They were from 2008 and they sold them to the CA.

Message 7 of 12
rob78001
Established Member

Thanks for the replys btw Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 12
tooleman694
Valued Contributor

You may just need time to let them age a bit more.

What you could do is call the hospital, explain that you are buying a house and the collections are hurting. Sometimes if you get a cool person they can contact the collector to have them deleted.

Message 9 of 12
rob78001
Established Member

I'll try anything at this point. We wanted to go USDA so we would have to pay a down payment.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.