Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Inquiries: November to May

tag
Oyiwaa
Regular Contributor

3 Inquiries: November to May

Hello,

Hope everyone is doing fine.  I have a question about the number of inquiries my LO has run prior to my loan closing on May 19. 

1st pull:  November 2013 - At the time of my initial application.

2nd pull: March 2014: At the time of mortgage committment letter

3rd pull:   (around May 12) - a week before closing.

Will the CRAs count all these 3 pulls as one?  If not, what can I do to lessen the impact of these 3 pulls on my CR.  Is there anything my LO can do to help remove these pulls - after all, they are for a permissible purpose.

Thanks - Oy

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Mortgage - Multiple Inquiries by Loan Officer

@Oyiwaa wrote:

Hello,

Hope everyone is doing fine.  I have a question about the number of inquiries my LO has run prior to my loan closing on May 19. 

Will the CRAs count all these 3 pulls as one?  If not, what can I do to lessen the impact of these 3 pulls on my CR.  Is there anything my LO can do to help remove these pulls - after all, they are for a permissible purpose.

Thanks - Oy

No, nothing you can do except wait for them to age, no the LO will not remove the HPs.

Message 2 of 4
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Seems to me that all three were warranted and reasonable. Just the price you pay for the longer timeline associated with a new-construction home. I work for a national builder and our build time from contract to end of construction is 5 months so two credit pulls in that time fram are common. One more beyond a six-month time frame is needed as credit reports are normally good for 90 days.

Message 3 of 4
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Oyiwaa wrote:

Hello,

Thanks - Oy

Standard operating procedure in the mortgage process to see them pull at different stages of the process ail the way up until closing 

They look for things like has financial picture changed due to applying for other types of credit cars, CC's etc 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.