Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 little points!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

3 little points!

All I need is three points to qualify for an FHA mortgage. I have a JCP card with a $150 credit limit, It was showing $146 balance, I paid it down to $25 from the advice of my LO. I had a Visa credit card with a $250 credit limit and a $118 balance, I also paid that one down to $25. The only other credit card I have is an HSN with a $500 limit with only $137 balance, LO said not to worry about that one, with paying down my JCP and my Visa, will that give me a 3 point boost with the rapid rescore????

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
tbone74
Regular Contributor

Re: 3 little points!

I'm definitely not a credit genius,  but I'd say 3 points is a reasonable expectation.  Good luck......wishing you well! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: TU04: 603 EQ: 613
Current Score: TU04: 667/EQ: 670/ EXP(LO Pull): 676
Goal Score: 710

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
lkcrew426
Regular Contributor

I think that if you were to pay one or both to $0. that would give you less accounts reporting a balance, and would definetely throw you over if the current reducations dont. Good luck!

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

pay the two cards with a 25$ balance down to 0 and pay the card with a 137$ balance down to 35$  that will be at 7% utilization and you should expect a nice point surge, I would do this before the next statement cut off so you do not have to wait extra time for them to report to the bureuas

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.