Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 day late ... but not really

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

30 day late ... but not really

Ok, so in October 2015 I was credit approved for a 203(k) loan and then after all of the tedious things that needed to be done and finally the underwriters were ready to close on the loan another credit report was pulled and they told me I was no longer eligible.  When the loan officer called me he said that my current mortgage company is reporting my October payment as 30 days late.  I went into my records (emails) and found my email confirmation from speedpay the online payment service that my payment was made on October 31st.  Now, the only reason it was even paid that late was because in September I called my mortgage company and changed my automatic withdrawal due date from the 1st to the 15th and the customer service rep did not tell me that it would not take effect until November and in October there would not be any payment taken.  The only reason I knew was a rep had called me one evening while I was taking my child to wrestling tournament but I couldn't make a payment right then because I was driving but I was very upset that it wasn't automatic withdrawn.  Then on the 30th at midnight while in bed I remembered i needed to pay and logged onto my account and my payment posted October 31st 2015.  I have called the mortgage company and they stated I can dispute it with the credit bureau but after I filed my disputes with all my documentation there is nothing they can do.  I have been with this same company for 18 years and have never refinanced or anything, this took my score down over 40 points and right now I am so frustrated.  I do have credit cards and try to keep them around the 30% of the limit but I am working on just paying them all off to get my score up, however I dont think that is going to move it the way that the 30 day late did- I was just curious if anyone else had a situation like this ?

Thank you    

Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.