Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

30 day late

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

30 day late

I had a 30 day late credit card payment in September 2010.  We are supposed to close on our home the first week of August. 

Does anyone have any insight as to if the lender will require me to wait until September to close?

Thanks

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
p-
Valued Contributor

Re: 30 day late

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a 30 day late credit card payment in September 2010.  We are supposed to close on our home the first week of August. 

Does anyone have any insight as to if the lender will require me to wait until September to close?

Thanks

I don't have the answer to that, but I imagine it might be ok if it's your only problem.  Did the bank pre-approve you for a mortgage?  Have you tried to GW and get that 30 day late removed?

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

We had a pre-approval in January.  However, the September 2010 late didn't show up at the time they pulled our credit in December.

I've tried to GW it twice, with no luck so far.  But I am going to keep trying over the next several weeks.  We had some late payments in 09, but nothing since  then.

Message 3 of 7
sheltymama
Valued Member

Your situation sounds very similar to ours. We got a preapproval in June 2011 for FHA. We had a 30 day late on our truck payment in October. It's funny, that when I pulled the credit reports it only showed one on each report, but one report showed a different month. Then when the LO pulled tri merge report it shows two 30 days. But we still got the preapproval. We just put in an offer on a short sale (we have time to wait) last week, seller accepted, now on to the bank. I was wondering the same as you, will it be ok, since the house may close at exactly at year since the late. 

I'm curious to see the other responses. 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

30 day late

That makes me feel a little better that you were pre-approved with a recent (8 month) 30 day late payment.

Have a great day!

Message 5 of 7
sheltymama
Valued Member

With an August closing, I"ll be watching for your closing email...... with congrats! Keep us update to the process. 

Thanks, 

Message 6 of 7
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Depends on what type of financing, and the rest of the details of your situation.  If all you had was a late payment in September of 2010 then you should be fine.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.