Contributor
fezwhy

3rd times a charm or stop and rebuild?

I have been denied twice now for a mortgage. Credit union and wells fargo. They both have a problem with my foreclosure from 2008. I noticed my score did drop about 15 points from 1 mortgage try to the other. Is that normal? I have no lates and only 1 credit card which I charge maybe 40 dollars on it then pay in full.
im just concerned once I apply again my score will drop again giving me a higher interest rate. Or should I bite the bullet wait 9 months crunch more money in savings and rebuild? I already have 7k saved but if I wait I don't know that my family member can pay my down payment next year. Granted I am only going for a 125k house max. I do have 1 referral for a mortgage guy. I know 3 people that have used him.
Super Contributor
DallasLoanGuy

Re: 3rd times a charm or stop and rebuild?

try again.....   2008 f/c shouldn't be an issue.

do you have a copy of your credit?  the new lender can look at that and maybe see why the other lender said no

* While I try to visit the forum often, please feel free to contact me directly with a link to your post if I fail to answer a follow up question.

* Lending across the entire 'Great State of Texas' since 2004
Contributor
fezwhy

I met with a banker today at wells fargo see how I can improve my credit score and what is dragging it down.   It looks like a student loan I cosigned on has been charged off and is really dragging down my credit along with the foreclosure also during that time.  I did get approved for a credit card through the bank and they said having the extra credit line will help my credit.   I plan on waiting til spring which should give me plenty of time for my score to bump up and my foreclosure will fall off around that time also since it will have been 7 years. 

Frequent Contributor
anca21bi

What are your fico scores?

Contributor
fezwhy

Wells fargo requires a 660.  I believe I was around 620-630 range for my middle score.  I don't have the scores in front of me at the moment.  I am fine with waiting though.  It only gives me more time so I can save up some more money for a downpayment.  

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}