Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 year plan? (2 years done)

tag
distantarray
Established Contributor

5 year plan? (2 years done)

Anyways I'm in the process of buying a house, I just went on a credit card app spree which ended really nice. I had a $3,500 personal secured credit lines, now have 55k+ in credit lines. I'm not too worried about cause I'm not planning on a big purchase in the next 6 months+

Then I realized something.

1. I been saving at the rate of 40k a year in two years

2. I'm buying a house (75k) in cash

3. I already have people who want to rent the house for $1,200 (rent is expensive here in FL)

4. My credit is still very good.

5. A family friend wants to sell me his business location for 100k. In a busy location for the locals (tourists rarely go but very well known locally)

6. Within 6months I should have 20% downpayment for that location

7. That would add another $600 income (already has good tenant who doesn't want to buy)   already got pre-approved for a 300k housing loan with Chase so a 80k business mortgage should be no problem. $400 mortgage $1,000/month rental contract.

8. So $1,200 house rental + $600 commerical lease = $1,800 a month. = about 22k so 22k+ 40k (how much I have in a year = 62k)

So if I save for 6months straight, and buy this business location and rent out my house that I'm buying. I should have no problem to pay off the business commerical lease within 3 years max. WIth no mortgage that would generate around $2,200 a month. + annual savings of 40k = 66k a year. So basically rinse and repeat I could potentially have a small house or a business location every 2 years..

1. Saved money to buy a house in cash took 2 years

2. Save money for downpayment for buisness 0.5 years

3. pay off the business location 2.5 years

4. Rinse and repeat = profit? Smiley Happy

I understand there are oh **bleep** situations like building issues and etc, but that's what things like NavChek is for Smiley Wink besides that I lived in the area for over 20+ years so I know where the market is pretty strong in this area.  If I go through with this technically after $2,200 a month I would take home around $1,900 after taxes or so. but that's good enough for me to retire with my lifestyle lol! (don't care that much minimalist) but if I just keep getting a few locations probably stop at 3k a year after taxes which should only take maybe 3-4 more years after. What do you guys think?

The funny thing is this idea seems a lot more stable than having myself do something like going into Pharmacy school which was one option. but 7 years of school and being in debt vs potentially having 2-3k a month in rental income without having to work within that time frame is nice.

The reason why this works for me is

1. I'm single

2. I have zero debts (paid for everything in cash)

3. Good credit

4. minimalist lifestyle (total monthly spending including bills is about $600 a month that includes gas+cellphone+food+going out+ restaurants etc)

5. I work 60-70+ hours a week so it doesn't give me much time to spend money

6. I can live with my parents rent free since I help them run two of their own businesses and take care of their banking/finances and could careless what other people think, we get along like bestfriends anyways.

7. probably most important, I know how to separate my WANTS vs NEEDS. I buy what I need, and only buy what I want once a month if that.

I understand **bleep** happens and things don't always go 100% smooth but I don't think it'll be too much to worry about. I'll still work part-time even if I do this for incase things happens.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 5 year plan? (2 years done)

congrats thats awesome

Message 2 of 5
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Go for it man! Rental income is awesome. I plan on picking up more as I go too!
I'm going to buy another set of duplexes in about 4 years... that will give me 4 rent houses and passive income of over 4k per month. Its nice when your money works harder than you do.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 5
jnkp2001
Regular Contributor

Hey, it's the American way!Smiley Very Happy

FICO EQ: 633 8/15/12
lender pulled 11/3/12 EQ 661 TU 650 EX598
credit Karma 674 credit sesame: 663
B/K discharged 2/2006......closed 8/2012

May your limits be high and your balances low!

Message 4 of 5
Jessierjohns
Established Member

Nice Plan!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.