Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

605 fico

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

605 fico

to make a long story short i am looking for a first time home buyer mortgatge. purchase price is 225k with 6k back at closing for closing costs. i have a middle fico of 605 and make about 54k a year. i have a federal tax lien for 5k and i need to get funding by april 30th. can anyone help me,.. the contract is in place i just need funding,.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 605 fico

Is 605 your middle score? Most loan programs require at least a 620 mid score. And they would also require the tax lien to be paid.

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

yea 605 is the middle score

Message 3 of 7
mauve
Valued Contributor

Wow, you got an offer accepted without pre-approval?

Starting Score: EQ 583 TU04 619 EX 592 (lender pull) 2010
Previous High Score: EQ 700 TU04 712 EX 726
Current Score: EQ 740 TU(Discover) 750 EX(AMEX) 747
Goal Score: 740+ all around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

i had a pre approval letter from wells fargo which they sweared up and down nothing would be wrong with my loan, well after i put the offer in wells called me and said i did not get approved sorry about that.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear all that. Someone should have been more realistic with you than that. Federal tax liens ALWAYS need to be paid. No lender would loan on a borrower with a tax lien because the tax man always takes first lien position once you buy a home. And no lender wants to do a first mortgage that would automatically be subordinated to second lien position.

What type of loan where you applying for?

Message 6 of 7
Cally0717

Gee, sorry to hear that!  I have a 605 also and I'm getting discouraged. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.