cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

620 will be the required FICO on FHA/VA going forward.

tag
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Re: 620 will be the required FICO on FHA/VA going forward.

I am currently going for my final approval after having an offer accepted this weekend.  The LO at the brokerage told me they just increased their minimum to 620 as well and I squeeked in at 623.  He did say yesterday when I filled out my final app that there is one lender that they use that has a 580 minimum, but I am sure that will change soon.
Message 11 of 15
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
If you lock your rate before the company increases the qualifying score, are you safe?
typically, yes.

Retired Lender
Message 12 of 15
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@nicemann wrote:
Wow that's going to make it hard for some people to get their new home.  It is what it is.
620 isn't hard to obtain and maintain. so it will take a couple of more months..... those willing to do the extra work will be rewarded
i am sure it has to do with default rates on lower scores.

Retired Lender
Message 13 of 15
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
It's a flat minimum score for FHA, i think. Which would be 620 now. Basically, you don't get better rates for a higher score with this loan.
there are a couple of lenders still doing below 620. wont last long.

Retired Lender
Message 14 of 15
DallasLoanGuy
Super Contributor

@john398 wrote:
I heard a local radio mortgage guy mention this, this morning, so what I the score required for the best mortgage rate now for FHA?
620 gets same rate as 850

Retired Lender
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.