Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8/29 is the day and still no word!

tag
thross8512
New Contributor

8/29 is the day and still no word!

I'm getting really nervous.  I am set to close on Friday and my loan packet has not been sent to the closing attorney's office.  I received tthe CTC last week and thought it was smooth sailing after that.  I have packed and have to be out of here this weekend. How long does it take the closing attorney to complete the HUD form?  For any of the loan officers out there...what could be the hold up for the lender?  Any advise would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
kezia2410
Regular Contributor

Re: 8/29 is the day and still no word!

Try reaching out to your loan officer. We had that issue last week. We got the CTC on 8/14 and all paperwork was sent to the title office and was closing on 8/22 at 3pm. At 8/22 at 2pm still no HUD so I called my LO and it was completed but they didn't send me a copy.

I hope it all works out and you are able to close on time.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's Wednesday.  If you were Clear to Close last week you should be fine.  Tomorrow sometime they should get docs over.  My lenders get docs over later than I want them to.  Usually if you get them over 1 full business day before you are in good shape.

Message 3 of 5
thross8512
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It's Wednesday.  If you were Clear to Close last week you should be fine.  Tomorrow sometime they should get docs over.  My lenders get docs over later than I want them to.  Usually if you get them over 1 full business day before you are in good shape.

Thanks a million! I feel better.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem!  Keep us posted.  Also when the last day of the month lands on a Friday it is usually one of the busiest days of the year. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.