Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$8000 tax credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: $8000 tax credit

Can anyone tell me if i qualify for the 8,000 tax credit for first-time home buyers? My husband and i did our construction closing already on our home. We were told we would not have another closing but that our loan would be modified from a construction loan to a mortgage once the home is done. Since we have closed with the bank and title company on this loan does that automatically qualify us for the 8K?
Message 11 of 16
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Hmmm, I am reading you may have to occupy the home instead of just buying it, when do you plan on moving in?
Message Edited by ShanetheMortgageMan on 10-02-2009 07:23 AM
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 12 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah, you must settle the home by December 1st so that means you should be moving your stuff in and the mortgage should be in place.
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shane is correct. New home construction, you can claim the credit when you are actually occupying the the home. Same deadline, Dec. 1st.
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

...dont you guys mean nov 30th? ...did something change?

Message 15 of 16
rockymtngrl
Frequent Contributor

Its Nov 30.
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.