Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

95-100% ltv equity loans

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

95-100% ltv equity loans

Do they exist?

We owe $335,000, value is around $365-$370......

In a perfect world we take out around $25,000.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: 95-100% ltv equity loans

I know 95% does, not sure on 100%.  Excellent credit will be needed for either, expect minimum scores of 720-760, depending on the lender.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently applied and was approved for a home equity loan through a local credit union. They were willing to go up to 100% of the value as long as we were using the funds for home improvement, which for us it's for a pool. We owe $295,000 and our house appraised for $350,000. The idea is that once the home improvement project is done, your house will be worth even more.

If we wanted to take the money out for something else, they will only go up to 95% LTV.

Hope this helps.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I should also add my middle score was a 707 and my husband's was a 708. So the credit score requirements for my local credit union were not as strict as Shane is stating.
Message 4 of 6
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

That's a pretty good deal with a 707 score.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 5 of 6
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

NFCU does 100% but they bump the rate up a little, they are also less strict on score.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.