Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A dream deferred....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A dream deferred....

Will I need to defer my home buying dream....???? I mk 28,275 per year and my son receives abt $500 a month for ssi. My carnote is 463, cc is 70, another cc is 25 (I may b able to pay it off fully this month), my student loans are 105 but are currently n deferrment... Ive been talking to capital one and their max ratio is 45%. I hv abt 20k saved for a down payment. Property taxes in my area are abt 3500... what is the max mortgage amnt I could get approved for? thanx

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
incognitony
Frequent Contributor

Re: A dream deferred....

That only leaves 650 a monthfor a house by my calculations , which is probably around a 100k home more or less with your down payment. That car payment is really hurting your debt ratio.  If you have 20k I would look at paying down/off the ccs to borrow a little more.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do... My target purchase price is 85k
Message 3 of 4
incognitony
Frequent Contributor

My wife was approved for 90k and the payments were  going to be about 675 with only 3.5% (3200) down. Of course it depends on property tax rates and yours  sound higher than ours are here.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.