Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few points below

tag
Hox
New Contributor

A few points below

has anyone been approved recently with a few points below 620?
08/19/09 - LO Pull EX 707 TU 687 EQ 654
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A few points below

My DH and I were almost sent to underwriting because our LO has a lender that works with under 620, my DH's mid score is 616. But they just changed their guidelines for no lates within 12 months no matter what, so now we need a 4 point boost by friday or we either have to back out of our offer or not close on time.
Message 2 of 16
Hox
New Contributor

are  you going for FHA?
Message 3 of 16
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

Is there anything that can be paid down to get that boost? Do you have credit cards you can pay off? Even paying off one may boost you that little bit.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 4 of 16
WannaHouse
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My DH and I were almost sent to underwriting because our LO has a lender that works with under 620, my DH's mid score is 616. But they just changed their guidelines for no lates within 12 months no matter what, so now we need a 4 point boost by friday or we either have to back out of our offer or not close on time.

If you can pay down a CC, then your lender should be able to do a rapid rescore, BUT be prepared to pay a couple hundred for it.

Kathy

We are finally homeowners!!

Closed May 5th-30 yr fixed at 5.25%.

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went from 97% utilization on my CC to 77% and I gained 18 to 14 points. Paying down CC's is the fastest way to get those scores up.
Message 6 of 16
Hox
New Contributor

I have 0 CC debt, I paid them all down to 0, bt the have a $7 a month fee so i pay that so they still report it, i paid all collections off, i have no lates over the past year and I nead to gain 13 points by the end of next month so my LO can pull again I have TU at 676 and EQ at 607, who knows what EX is its usually lower then EQ though...

Any more ideas?

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hox,

What is keeping your EQ score down? What is the difference between all three CR? What are the negatives?

Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are the paid collections still showing? If they are, you need to try to get them deleted. Have you tried GW them?
Message 9 of 16
Hox
New Contributor

Yes, The collections are still showing, one of them is getting deleted but one of them is still showing, i GW them and called them with no luck.
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.