Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few questions about debt and credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

A few questions about debt and credit

Hello all,
I have a few questions maybe you could help me out.
First off, I have been on a 2 year arm which is about up. I got an interest only arm that helped me immensely in paying off and down other cret debt. I brought a 545 score up to 700. Now that Im re-fi-ing, I want to take some money out of my home and get a fixed 30 yr.
I have about 10k to 12k coming to me from the re-fi.
I have a van I owe 20k on with a 465/ mo. payment.
I have a 2nd mort. on my home that I can carryover, its 10k, but I only pay 140/ mo. so it's not killing me.
I have 2 cards at great rates with 5k on them. I pay 100/ mo on them a piece at this time.
So I can pay down my biggest debt, not pay it off though, I can payoff the 2nd and be done with that, or I can pay down the two cards to 10% of my limit.
Whats best for my score, and where is the best place to put this 10-12k?
Thanx.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A few questions about debt and credit

Anyone???
Message 2 of 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: A few questions about debt and credit

I'd apply the funds to the debt with the highest interest rate.. and with any leftover, put it in a high yield savings account such as ING or start an IRA.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.