cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few questions about my gfe... (dumb questions?)

tag
GFer
Valued Contributor

A few questions about my gfe... (dumb questions?)

A.  I waived ordering either kind of survey. Do I still have to pay for a survey at closing?

B. Hazard Insurance Premium Line 903: Is this my Homeowners?

Also, we are closing at the title company choice of the bank that owns the property. They said if we did this they would pay for the title. Does this mean they are paying all title charges, or what part of that does this include? I'm guessing I pay the closing fee, and the notary fee. That would only make sense, but there are three other Title Fees:

1108   Title Insurance

misc.  Service Charges

misc.  Processing

EQ 817, EX 815, TU 813 (Updated 1/5/18: TU 843

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: A few questions about my gfe... (dumb questions?)

If you waived the survey, but the lender requires one, then it'll still need to be done for the loan.  Often a survey won't have to be done if the title company will provide a survey affidavit (usually less than $100 vs. the $300+ a survey costs).

And yes line 903 is the first year of homeowners insurance premium collected for at closing (or you can pay it prior to closing and then it'd be marked as "paid outside of closing" on the GFE/Final HUD-1).

I don't quite understand your last question... you said "They [Title Company] said if we did this they would pay for the title"... what is "this" in that sentence? 

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Shane, I think she was saying that since she agreed to close at the banks title company, they are paying..
Message 3 of 4
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Ah I see now, you should get a list of the items that are included when they say they will "pay for title".
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.