Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A little concerned

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A little concerned

Not sure why it posted both of those.....
Message 11 of 15
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

For the pre-approval process most likely. Let your loan officer know about the issue and they can discuss it with their underwriting manager to see if they'll still need the bank statements right now or not, they may be able to get direct balance verification from your bank instead (which is really what they are looking for, confirmation of the balance, but then of course bank statements reveal a lot more so then anytime information is presented it has to be evaluated). Some lenders require bank statements, and won't accept balance verification directly from the bank, because they are privy to NSF's. Each lender can have a different policy, so your loan officer will need to evaluate their requirements and if it's determined that going with the balance verification (called a verification of deposit) wouldn't violate any of their underwriting due diligence requirements then you should be fine without ever needing ANY bank statements, even July's or August's.
Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I'll talk to my loan officer we meet tomorrow to submit the paper work. Thanks for your help!!!
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Our file went to underwriting, is that a good sign? I didnt think it go that fast I thought the loan officer would have it for a while.
Message 14 of 15
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

It's a good sign that the loan officer or their processing staff didn't see any issues, and so they must feel that it has a good chance of being approved by underwriting.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.