Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A "Can I Get a Mortgage With" Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A "Can I Get a Mortgage With" Question

No, it stays at 4.125% (fixed rate) for the 30-year length of the loan.

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

that sucks... so why not go FHA with a rate around 3.25%? yes you will have MIP which will add about $140 to your monthly payment but you would save so much in interest.

Message 12 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Due to a satisfied judgment from 2007 on my credit report, we've been getting quotes of $200-$230 for MI, even on FHA loans with low interest rates.  It's just too much on a monthly basis.

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

We applied today!  Nothing happened during the application process that stopped us, so it's a good start!

Should find out in 2 weeks or so.  Will update then!

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied for a conventional mortgage with Trustco  Bank as well and wanted to know if you were ever approved for the mortgage? you never updated and very curious 

Thank you 

Message 15 of 22
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Due to a satisfied judgment from 2007 on my credit report, we've been getting quotes of $200-$230 for MI, even on FHA loans with low interest rates.  It's just too much on a monthly basis.

PMI on FHA loans isn't based on credit, instead, it is a percentage of the loan amount.

Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I ended up not getting approved.  However, Trustco increases their rate to account for no PMI.  I was approved when I applied for a Mortgage through Coldwell Banker home loans, and the PMI made the monthly payments almost identical to what we would have paid Trustco.  I wouldn't go through Coldwell, however.  They were rude, disorganized, and took too long to approve.  Good luck!

Message 17 of 22
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

That sucks! I hope you are able to find a lender to approve you. What was the reason for denial? With scores above 700, I'm confused and perplexed about why you were denied.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 18 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to get approved and we've been living in our new home since October, so all is well!  I just can't recommend Coldwell Banker because the process was unnecessarily burdensome, even for a mortgage-approval process.  Regarding Trustco, they didn't even look at the scores.  They denied based on some missed payments that were still on the report from 6 years ago.  It seems that Trustco scrutinizes every little thing on the report, so I wouldn't recommend using that bank if you have any history of credit problems, no matter the score.  Unless, of course, the report is free of all issues.

Message 19 of 22
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Awesome!!!! Super Congrats! I'm so happy it all worked out! Smiley Very Happy
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.