cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AGAIN!!!!! In UW and a dispute pops up on my credit report! freaking out!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In UW and a dispute pops up on my credit report! freaking out!

Which bureau is it? I can't remember if you said it was reporting on all 3.

If so, I would pull all 3 credit reports (or the CRA it's reporting on.) Experian has a nice "compare" button but their info isn't as accurate as Equifax. That way you can SEE what they're talking about. Or have your LO send you your most RECENT report. My LO did this with the comments circled in highlighter.

Step #1) CALL THE BUREAU/S FIRST that the "dispute" is reporting on and ask to speak to a SUPERVISOR.(Some have names for the offices "Consumer Affairs" Executive Office etc.)

Step #2) Politely, ask for the comment to be "removed." If they say no they can't, say "I am no longer disputing this you are required to have my credit report be ACCURATE." In other words, argue, argue, argue to get it removed. If they keep saying they cannot ask WHY.

If they say it's something the creditor put on -- I would still ask for it to be removed. If they still refuse--

Step #3)

Call Cap1 back and get to the SUPERVISOR and explain EXACTLY what the bureau told you. Cap1 will TELL YOU THEY WILL FAX YOU AND THEY WON'T DO IT. I had to call 4x and get it escalated to even get a basic fax from them.

Step #4) Repeat the above until it's resolved!

It's a lot of work but I am certain you can get it off.

One thing too is your lender should be able to get this off in a Rapid Rescore, I think, although that process isn't exactly "rapid" either. I am surprised that your LO isn't helping you figure this out. They have a credit pulling company that can help get these off, usually. Sometimes they charge you a fee to do it.

Good luck, I bet it will work out!!! Smiley Happy

PS: IF THE ABOVE FAILS, & CAP1 IS REFUSING TO REMOVE DISPUTES (and you know this for a fact), YOU CAN DO THE 'NUCLEAR' OPTION & FILE A COMPLAINT WITH THE CFPB. Sometimes then it's resolved quickly. I would do this as a last resort though because it should be able to be deleted immediately or within 48 hours via the above strategy.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

It was all 3.  When this happened last week with the prior "dispute" in the comments, the process started Tuesday and was resolved by Monday when I was notified of the second "dispute" in the comments.

I signed a letter for my LO asking for it to be removed the first time, did so again this time.  On top of that I called not only the 3b's but I also called Cap1.

I spoke to a Supervisor who's info I have who assured me she would send a letter to my LO by Thursday stating I have no accounts in disupte with Cap1.  She had access to the notes where it showed I was disupting it initially but that it was closed an no longer in dispute.  She could not explain how it reappeared as I was disputing it.

My LO is stumpted as to why and how all of this is happening. 

One is off, equifax, the one that took the longest last time was experian.. 

Thanks for the advice and help!

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just to update, everything was eventually resolved late that Friday night.  We were supposed to close Monday morning.  That didn't happen.  Closing was pushed back to Wednesday the 19th, but we closed and I got money back!

Thank you all for your help!

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.